EXPENSE:
On my trip to Wal-mart recently........well another discovery I've made on this weight loss odyssey is that eating healthy is expensive. For example, we no longer use regular sugar. Stevia is 3 times the cost of regular sugar. Stevia or other products like it are nearly $7 a bag. Baked Lays are $3.38 a bag as opposed to Doritos which are $2.50. 100 calorie packs of 'treats' range in price from $2.50 and upwards. One of my favorite treats are the 100 calorie pack mint cookies. In my opinion they taste just like Girl Scout thin mint cookies. Another one of my favorites is sandwiches made with Flat Out Bread.
Another way that weight loss is expensive is the cost of dance. That's $52 a month, on top of the cost of shoes I really need to get and whatever 'costume' we have to wear for the recital. I don't regret this expense at all.
And yet another expense to weight loss is time. It takes time to lose weight. Time to plan meals, time to plan trips to the store, time to exercise.......... However, this is a sacrifice I am willing to make. I fear the future if I don't lose weight. I have a history of diabetes in my family, a history of obesity and a host of other problems. I don't want to find myself not being able to walk at the age of 65. I guess the older you get, the more reality sets in. I have discovered also that I think I need to invest in a full-length mirror. In the past I've looked in the mirror and thought, "I guess that isn't so bad." But looking in a full-length mirror is a REALITY CHECK! Now that birthday ice cream cake is gone it's really time to get down to business again.
No comments:
Post a Comment