It's time for another confession. This past Monday I called my OB-GYN. I figured in this weight loss odyssey of mine I needed a point of reference. Call it morbib curiosity I guess. I can't remember what my weight was when I got married so I figured getting some figures from this doctor would be interesting so I called. I had to leave a message so when the records lady called back she gave me my weight when I first came to that particular doctor in Feb. of 2004..........I might add here that I was six months pregnant. Not a very fair comparison if you ask me. So I called back......what I was looking for was my post-pregnancy weight (6 week check up after having Tug). In my mind I am figuring that is the "smallest" I have been in recent years. It made me feel good to find out that I am 9 pounds less than that post-pregnancy weight. I am not yet ready to talk numbers here, sorry. But it was a boost for me in the right direction.
I have given this alot of thought in the last couple of days........when did I stop caring or stop paying attention to my weight??? I think I figured out the answer. Although I can't remember what I weighed when I got married I am figuring somewhere in the 220's range, although I could be wrong. I maintained that for awhile until we got pregnant in 2002. I had a miscarriage that September and I think it was all downhill from there. Not an excuse but certainly something I can look back on and say, "ah that was the beginning." And from that point on I think my weight just continued to balloon out of control. So here I am: doing this thing and feeling pretty good that I've made it this far...........to a weight I can't remember being in the recent past.
2 comments:
Its good that you know what your trigger was....I JUST LOVE FOOD! What was your weight when you got married? Cause I know all those early 5:45 walks got you down pretty far? right? YOU CAN DO THIS THING! I'm so proud of you~!
i love that you are doing this for you but remember the weight did not go on over night keep pup the good work you can do it
Post a Comment