Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Confessions from a Fat Girl Part 1

First, some people will be offended by the title of my post. But the truth is the truth. I have always been large. In fact, I think I probably skipped right over the junior section clothing sizes and right into 1x and right on up. So this past August I had two epiphanies about my weight. I won't share those this time: but needless to say they were my wake up calls about this body I am living in.

I had promised myself I would not write this post until I lost 20 pounds. I have been on this odyssey since September. As of 12/28, I have lost 27 pounds. And while we are on the subject of losing weight, I have decided I am not using the phrase "lost x amount of pounds." I would prefer to say, "I have gotten rid of 27 pounds." I think saying you 'lost' something denotes you want to find it again. And I don't want to ever 'find' these pounds again.

27 pounds may not seem like alot in 4 months, but I do believe I am doing this the healthy way. And I have to keep telling myself that I didn't get this size in 4 months, it has taken YEARS! That is probably the most frustrating part of all this............an average woman could lost 27 pounds and people would NOTICE. But when you are this size, the only good thing is feeling great in your clothes again.

Hip hop class has been one element that has jump-started this process. It has been sooooooooo much fun. I knew I wouldn't begin losing weight until I was doing something fun. I will continue to write about weight loss on this blog, because, well, it's my blog. Hopefully this will be an encouragement to me along this journey. I'll share more stories and info. along the way; goals, stories and such. We shall see where 2011 takes this body.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so very proud of you sis...it is not a easy road...and it is and always will be a struggle...i know i have to deal with my fitness everyday.

w and js mommy said...

I'm so proud of you and your hip-hop class! Know that each morning as I step into my daily struggle I pray for you too! I love you! LETS ROCK THIS THING!