Thursday, October 2, 2008

Just for The Heck of It

If I don't laugh, I might cry about this. I think most people know about my first period, but if you don't, here goes. Things that have happened since the beginning of school on August 25th in no particular order:
1. I have a known gang member who associates with the red side of the tracks. He is currently suspended for his second stint of 5 days and I am not sure for what. As of Tuesday he has missed 14 days of school.
2. I had a young lady call me f$#$%% stupid.
3. I had a young man say "They are f#$%#$ with my stuff. That's my s$^&" Suspended for 3 days.
4. One young lady comes back to class tomorrow after being suspended for 10 days. She was fighting on the bus.
5. A young man (who is the epitome of redneck) cussed out gang member from above. Not a good situation. He was suspended for 3 days.
6. Yesterday one young man in the class is suspended for the rest of the year for selling maryj.
7. On a daily basis one of my yearbookers who helps the lunch detention teacher is at my door. There are at least 3 a day in the class who have to serve lunch detention.

I think this pretty much sums up the list for now.......... I really thought teaching at Salisbury had pretty much prepared me for anything. And for the most part it has. However, I didn't see the drug thing coming and normally I am pretty good a pegging a kid. Most of these kids have seen my hubby in these first few weeks of school. I REALLY could not do what he does.

2 comments:

Kathy Ward said...

I have been there! I can so relate to what you're going through!

Anonymous said...

Okay I know its not funny...HOWEVER I would just laugh at them....why in the world do they think that is okay......