Monday, October 27, 2008

Furniture Shopping

I need help. Within the month of November we are going to be converting Nor from a crib to a big girl bed. This is something I have been dreading for quite some time. I don't think she will be quite as 'easy' as Tug. Anyway, we have begun the process of shopping for a new bed and dresser. We started at Ashley Furniture, since that is where we purchased our last piece of furniture, a new kitchen table. I have to say, I am slightly disappointed. I don't know why I have had it in my head to not buy my daughter white furniture, but for some reason I do. And everything out there for girls seems to be in white or cream. All the 'wood' colored furniture seems too boyish. Any ideas? Or do I need to just suck it up and go with the light colored bed set?

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Oh...I do remember the headache with AG..luckily we had to get just the bed and we are painting the other. You noticed...are painting the other. We have not painted the other furniture yet or moved her room..but it is ok!!
You could go to wood you...and look at their furniture...you know you can buy it and stain or paint it any color you want. We had thought of doing that, but I never went in there. I have heard they have awesome furniture...not sure of the prices either. There is one in Anderson and Greenville...not sure of other locations. BUT...you could make it a getaway trip! HAHA! We'll use anything huh?