Monday, August 17, 2009

Things We've Learned This Summer

Okay, I know summer isn't quite over until Labor Day, but it's over for me has teacher workdays begin tomorrow.
1. Doing summer school right after school got out wasn't very fun, especially when pay came a month later.
2. It amazes me how cold I think it is in Pennsylvania when I go back. Especially remembering growing up there and thinking it was hot. Pack two wardrobes when you go north.
3. Despite the length of any trip our children do not sleep in the car.
4. There is a Chick-fil-a right past the University of West Virginia. After that going north there is no more chicky.
5. A starfish can live with only 4 'legs.'
6. Tug is very much ready for kindergarten even though I am not.
7. The Boathouse in downtown Charleston closed. Bummer!!!
8. Charleston really is a great city and always nice to visit.
9. Going back to work after vacation is never a very fun prospect.
That's it for now. There might be a second installment.

1 comment:

w and js mommy said...

HA! I love the list!