Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Days are Gone TOO Soon

Or instead of feeding the ducks, Tug
likes to eat the bread. Hilarious!!!


We were met by the welcoming committee

I can't believe as I sit here and type this that summer vacation is over for me. I am extremely lucky to get a summer break at all but this one has flown by. I have to attend an all day workshop tomorrow BUT there is a silver lining in that cloud because there is a women's event tomorrow night at the Cove and shopping before. Ten Thousands Villages is one of the vendors (or so I hear) so I am very excited about that. I have really struggled today with going back to work but I know that is what I am supposed to do, at least right now.

Health update: I saw an ear, nose and throat doctor yesterday who has ordered a biopsy for this Tuesday at 2:00 so please pray that I am calm, cool and collected during this procedure. I am sure there is really nothing to it, and that it really isn't that big a deal. But the thought of someone sticking a needle in my neck is not a very comforting thought. The doctor did make me feel better about this whole thing though with his statistics. There is about a 90% chance it is nothing, an 8-10% it's cancer (which it's not--you know what they say about positive thinking), and then there is a slim chance that the test could be inconclusive and then they would have to go back in and take out part of my thyroid. So we shall see. I hope to have as much of this taken care of before school starts. Although the follow-up appointment is the Monday that we officially start school with students. Not fun!!!

Anyway, I am sure there will be tons of antics to follow as we kick off the school year. I am sure I will have a ton of yearbook stories to tell. And did I mention before that I am teaching five preps????!!! The only thing that stays the same is yearbook. Insane!!!! Pictures from our last day before works starts are above. We went to a local park, fed the ducks, played on the swings, and Daddy brought us lunch. Oh and check out Tug's get-up. He is making a fashion statement. Just not sure what he is trying to say.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My bink is just trying to be grown up and pick out is onw stuff to wear, it could be much worse. They look too incrediblly cute, but maybe Im bias. Love Aunt CC

Amanda said...

Ok...I thing Tug Tug looks awesome..he could be a rapper with those "chains" around his neck...You remember the late night dance sessions with a little rapping involved and if I remember correctly you were the star rapper!!!

You are in my prayers...I know all will be fine...God is so much bigger than any situation we face and I know He will take care of it all. Love ya!!