Okay, so this week that just passed us will go down in our history as one of the toughest we have gone through. So thank goodness it's over. Where to begin: I started at my new school (with students) on Monday. That hasn't been so bad. There have been different policies/procedures to learn but I'll eventually get the hang of all that. I had only one issue this week and that was on Friday. One little gal got herself suspended because of her mouth, so she will be visiting Mr. G next week instead of seeing Mrs. G, as my hubs runs the alternative school. Someone had to be made an example of. Afterall, I am not a dog and no student on earth is going to talk to me like one.
Anyway, I also had my biospy follow-up appt. on Monday afternoon. I am no closer to finding out anything than I was a month ago. The dr. basically gave me two options, either have another biospy or go through surgery to have that part of my thyroid taken out so they can analyze it. And since this is literally my neck on the line I decided that surgery wasn't an option at this point considering the fact that there is some risk involved. He also said that there is something on the right side of my neck measuring at 9mm so we might as well biospy that too. New biospy is scheduled for Nov. I am dreading it but trying not to dwell on it too much, afterall that is over 2 months away.
Then, Monday night our babysitter called and said her last day would be Sept 5th. What!!!???!?!? That came out of left field. So the better part of this week was spent trying to figure out some other arrangement. With very little sleep on the part of T and myself. As always God came through in a big way. When we are the moment it's so hard to see that He is so much bigger than us and our problems. So now Tug and Nor are attending daycare/preschool at a place called Carpenter's Kids. Their first day was Friday and they seemed to love it. Tug didn't want to come home and made a new friend, Lucas. This is a huge blessing for us and I think it will work out better for everyone involved. Thanks to my mom for bailing us out on Thursday. (Although I noticed Tug got ahold of Uncle Adam's clippers). After Nor came home on Tues with no diaper on I was freaking out.
Well, we've gotten to the end of the week and can now take a collective sigh of relief and regroup for next week. Aunt Cici's package came on Thurs. and Tug and Nor got hooked up big time. New pairs of Nike shoes and they were apparently having a huge sale at Old Navy. Way to go Aunt Cici. I'll post some pics later.
3 comments:
Already counting down til summer, the year just started.
You are a real trooper!! Even through the storm...you kept your eyes on Jesus!!
We have been praying for you guys. Let me know the date of the actual procedure and I will put it on my calendar to make sure we have prayer that day for you. I hope school continues to be good. If we can do anything just let us know.
Post a Comment