We have had a very busy summer and for the first time in the history of the Griffin family there was a family reunion. Uncle Bobby put the only thing together at Westin Lake in Columbia on July 5th. He had it catered by Lizard's Thicket. And before meeting and marrying T, I had no idea what the big deal was about LT. However, they do have some of the best country cookin' around. (Way better than Rushes in my opinion). This is T's one living grandparent and she is a riot. The kids have been so lucky to know her. We had a really good time that day. Thank goodness for a lake VERY near by otherwise we would have melted in that SC heat. T is convinced that Columbia is the hottest place on earth. I think I have to agree with him. I choose love.....no occasion justifies hatred; no injustice warrants bitterness. I choose love. Today I will love God and what God loves. I choose gentleness...nothing is won by force. I choose to be gentle. If I raise my voice may it be only in praise. If I clench my fist, may it be only in prayer. If I make a demand, may it be only of myself. --Max Lucado
Saturday, July 19, 2008
The Griffin Family Reunion
We have had a very busy summer and for the first time in the history of the Griffin family there was a family reunion. Uncle Bobby put the only thing together at Westin Lake in Columbia on July 5th. He had it catered by Lizard's Thicket. And before meeting and marrying T, I had no idea what the big deal was about LT. However, they do have some of the best country cookin' around. (Way better than Rushes in my opinion). This is T's one living grandparent and she is a riot. The kids have been so lucky to know her. We had a really good time that day. Thank goodness for a lake VERY near by otherwise we would have melted in that SC heat. T is convinced that Columbia is the hottest place on earth. I think I have to agree with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment