Ellis F. Corah
1925-2010
I thought I'd put this here since I can't be in PA.
No one thought it would end this way. At least I figured Gram would outlive Gramp a good ten years...........maybe like Grandma Kio. But, God has a most perfect plan, which most of the time none of us understands. I do believe part of his soul must of been part of that house on Looker Mountain Trail........afterall he moved out only 3 weeks ago. But when you live in a house over 57 years, well.........
I can imagine Gram saying as he entered those heavenly gates: "Where have you been? I've looked for you forever and I'm just not myself when your away." 62 and a half years, wow!!!!
I will say this though, it's not really an end, it's a beginning. It's amazing for me to look and see what the love of two people created, through the thick and the thin, family was most important to them.
I always think of both of them as part of the greatest generation. People who were made of much tougher stuff than we are. Who's gonna fill their shoes, I wonder? Both of them were people I aspire to be like: generous, caring, loving.
Gramp taught me how to ride a bike. I remember Saturday mornings spent washing his 1988 red Lincoln Town car. He was so proud of owning that car. I remember some slight embarrassment when on a trip for some bread (for a pig roast) he wanted a better price from the manager. I remember summer mornings and both Gram and Gramp would put a full spread on the breakfast table.
I think it's no accident that I teach; Gramp............a man who valued education above most other things. But, I can say now, go rest high on that mountain. Your work here on earth is done. Go to heaven a-shouting.
No comments:
Post a Comment